JCCV Lively Walks, 2018-2019 Season
Join the group for some lively-paced pre-planned walks that take place, rain or shine, on alternate Friday mornings from 9:30 to approx. 11:00. We set off from a wide variety of places in Greater Victoria. Suitable for reasonably fit people, these walks offer a chance to explore some well-known and some lesser-known routes in good company, with an optional cafe stop afterwards. Please, no dogs.
Walks are labelled E for Easier (flat or shorter) or M for Moderate (with some hilly parts or stairs, or longer).
No need to commit to all walks; come when you can, and walk at your own risk. Below are this season’s dates and probable venues:
- September 28th Gorge Waterway E
- October 12th View Royal M
- October 26th Oak Bay E
- November 9th Broadmead M
- November 23rd Inner Harbour E
- December 7th Cadboro Bay & UVic M
- December 21st Sidney E
- January 11th Beaver Lake E
- January 25th Ten Mile Point M
- February 8th West Bay Walkway E
- February 22nd Rockland M
- March 8th Saanich E
- March 22nd Layritz/Logan Parks M
- April 5th Oak Bay E
- April 19th John Dean Park M
- May 3rd Cedar Hill and Playfair Parks E-M
- May 17th Witty’s Lagoon 2-Hour Hike and Lunch
If you wish to be on this season’s list – and a NEW list is being taken – to find out where to meet each time and details about the route, please send your name, phone number and email address to volunteer leader Juliet Simon at email@example.com.