The JCCV Lively Walkers will continue their sociable group walks on alternate Friday mornings at 9:30, starting on January 20th with the Westsong Way. This new series of easy-to-moderate walks starts from a variety of spots in the Greater Victoria area, taking in parks, waterfront and some lesser-known trails and footpaths.
Any new walkers not already on the emailing list please send your contact info to Juliet Simon, volunteer walks leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to be informed each time of the precise starting point and walk details by the Wednesday preceding the walk.
Walks take place rain or shine. If you are moderately fit and enjoy group walking, you are invited to join in. Routes of approximately 1.5 hour’s duration take in a variety of spots around town. After each walk there’s an optional café stop. The goals are good health and camaraderie. No need to commit to the whole series; come when you can.
Dates & Destinations, January – April 2017
- January 20th: Westsong Way
- February 3rd: Broadmead Area
- February 17th: Gorge Waterway
- March 3rd: Oak Bay Marina to Cattle Point
- March 17th: Ogden Point to Inner Harbour
- March 31st: Fernwood, from Historic Cemetery to Historic Chapel
- April 14th: Brentwood Bay and Tod Inlet
- April 28th: Cedar Hill Area